Three Types of Dewatering Boxes – Functions, Benefits And Applications
MAY 23, 2019 BY
Dewatering is gaining prominence as an industry and according to Global Market Insights, Inc., it is predicted that this industry will be valued globally at over $5 billion by 2025. In the United States alone, there is a predicted nine percent growth in the market size during this period. Key factors driving this business growth include changing liquid waste discharge standards with policies like the Clean Water Act (CWA), along with aging wastewater equipment and infrastructure, and depleting water resources.
On a process level, however, dewatering is easier explained than done. During dewatering, you encounter factors that may not yet reveal how they affect project completion. Depending on regional soil and groundwater conditions, you may need additional services for successfully removing excess water that can otherwise cause damage, instability, and affect accessibility and safety in excavation and related operations.
There are a variety of solutions to choose from when it comes to sludge dewatering. These requirements will change based on various factors such as the site soil, ground conditions, consistency of moisture present and possible contamination. You need to work with an experienced solution provider who can use the right dewatering equipment for timely and effective execution.
Let’s take a look at types of dewatering boxes, benefits and their applications for various projects.
At Adler Tank Rentals, we deliver three types of dewatering boxes –
- 25-Yard Dewatering Box with Canvas Tarp
- 25-Yard Dewatering Box with Steel Hard Top
- 25-Yard Vacuum Dewatering Box
Each dewatering tank has varying their features, capabilities, and applications where they are commonly used.
1. 25-Yard Dewatering Box with Canvas Tarp – This standard roll-off container has a 5,000-gallon capacity and comes with a heavy-duty vinyl canvas tarp particularly useful for extracting liquids from sludge and separating the liquid from various sediments that it may contain.
Benefits - This sludge dewatering equipment allows for containment of liquids. In addition, the dewatering box with its canvas tarp also ensures that no additional debris, contaminating elements and precipitation compromises the sludge further.
2. 25-Yard Dewatering Box with Steel Hard Top – If your dewatering requirements are urgent, our 25-yard dewatering steel hardtop, roll-off containers are an ideal choice. The hardtop roof comes with a sliding split roof lid that can be locked into place using ratcheting binders. This dewatering box also has 4” drains. You can get filter liners in geotextile fabric as an optional extra based on your requirements.
Benefits - The dewatering box with a steel hardtop offers a completely watertight storage option ensuring there is no loss of liquid due to evaporation or spillage. This is extremely useful when the sludge being transported may contain chemical contaminants.
Applications - The pipeline industry often utilizes these steel top dewatering containers as a liquid containment solution.
3. 25-Yard Dewatering Vacuum Box – Our vacuum dewatering box also comes in the 25-yard length category and is useful in dewatering both liquids and sludge. These vacuum dewatering boxes meet all the required safety standards, ensuring that you can use these to store sludge from vacuum trucks that need to operate without interruptions.
Benefits - It has convenient features such as the side-mounted low-profile ladder that leads to a 22" manway on top of all dewatering containers, and a bolted-in perforated basket for easy removal to assist in cleaning. The vacuum application of this type of dewatering container allows for a much more rapid dewatering process.
Applications - Hydro-vac applications are the main application for this project. Hydro-vac is where they use high-pressure water to locate utility lines in high sensitive areas (gas pipeline is near-by, etc.) instead of excavating the soil with a backhoe, which poses a risk of breaking the gas line.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to dewatering products. At Adler Tank Rentals we don’t just offer dewatering equipment for rent, but also provide additional services as a partner you can count on.
The Adler advantage for dewatering
We deliver dewatering boxes and set them up at your site. Because all our dewatering tanks are compatible with standard roll-off frame trucks, you can easily transport the debris for disposal after dewatering, quickly and conveniently.
As a company born from out of the frustration of waiting for a tank rental company to deliver on time, you can rest assured that Adler Tank Rentals is quick to respond and can provide the right equipment for your project.
Our experts are available 24/7 to answer your questions. Our liquid containment and dewatering equipment are top-notch and undergoes stringent testing to ensure flawless performance from start to end.
To learn how we can help with your next dewatering project, request a quote or get in touch today.